Rukshana derives inspiration for her work from nature and the world around her, nature in its own self has always absorbed her expression in its beauty, its serenity and its solitude that transcends feelings beyond mortal boundaries. For Rukshana beauty holds no form, she endeavors to capture and create its essence on her easel…
Words by Rukshana…I am a perpetual student of learning, still a child, learning, un-learning and re-Learning, that quest for knowledge will forever remain. My Deepest Passion has always been my Art I and now I have chosen that as my medium of living. I also Love Music, and am totally lost in there which also inspires me to paint.. My Art Works are Semi Abstract, are eco-friendly and they speak volumes about nature and environment. My Medium is Mainly Charcoals, with Texture and Acrylics.. I feel my Paintings depict new Beginnings, a chance to re-live in the beauty and bask in the glory of nature…!!! Am totally blessed to have this opportunity to express myself through paintings. I love it when people say my artwork enhances their lives.”
Lines from an Art Critic : “Her subject is never a story but a lyrical and takes you in a world of fantasy which is sublime in nature.”
Whilst Viewing My Art-works turn on all your senses and let life make its impact on you..
Rukshana is a Semi Abstract Artist.
- 1975, 1976 Foundation Sir J.J. School of Art Mumbai
- 1976 – 1978 Diploma in Text. Design Sophia Coll. Mumbai
- 7 DAY ART GALLERY, MUMBAI, INDIA ~ 2005.
- OASIS ART GALLERY, MUMBAI,INDIA ~JULY 2006.
- RONAK ART GALLERY, MUMBAI, INDIA ~ MARCH 2009.
- LEELA KEMPINSKI, MUMBAI, INDIA ~ 2010.
- OUT OF THE BLUE ART SPACE, LE SUTRA, MUMBAI 23rd Aug-5th Sept. 2010.
- KOHINOOR CONTINENTAL ~ 16TH JAN-31st JAN 2011.
- Gallerie Leela @ THE LEELA KEMPINSKI, MUMBAI, INDIA ~ 17th Jun – 23rd Jun. 2011.
- Svenska Hotels, Oshiwara, Mumbai ~ Feb 1st to 29th Feb. 2012.
- KOHINOOR CONTINENTAL ~ 16th May to 18th June2012. Andheri-East Mumbai.
- Pradarshak Art Gallery, Khar, Mumbai, India ~ 17th Sept to 29th Sept. 2012.
- Nehru Centre, Mumbai, India ~ 12th Feb to 18th Feb 2013.
- The Oberoi, Trident, Mumbai, India ~ 27thOct to 9th Nov 2014.
- KamalNayanBajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai, India. ~ July 2009.
- The Leela,Mumbai, India, bet 5th Aug -11th Aug. 2011.
- Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, 19th Dec to 27th Dec. 2011.
- Thane Kala Bhavan, Thane West, Mumbai, bet. 26th.Jan – 2nd Feb. 2012.
- Tajlands end, Bandra 20th April 2012.
- Arctic Vision ~ 16th June – 16th July 2012.
- Cymroza Art gallery, Breachcandy, Mumbai 23rd June – 27th Jun 2012
- Free Port Exhibition Center, Mer Rouge, Mauritius, An Art and Culture Exhibition, 7th – 16th Sept. 2012.
- ARTIC VISION, The Gallery, Off Link Rd, Goregoan West, Mumbai India bet. 18th Oct -2nd Nov. 2012.
- Jawahar Kala Kendra (Jaipur) bet : 19th – 22nd Oct’2012.
- (AIFACS) Gallery, New Delhi Paint for Justice, Delhi 8 nov.-14 nov 2012.
- “Aroma” ~ COOMARASWAMY HALL, Fort, Mumbai from 12th November to 16th November 2012.
- 27 th Nov.-3rd Dec. 2012 the indian society of international low (Supreme court) New Delhi Paint for Justice
- “Expressions” @ Artist Centre, Mumbai 25thFeb – 3rd March 2013.
- “Amalgamation” ~ The Viewing Room, Mumbai, bet. 24th May – 29th May 2013.
- IAF ~ Nehru Centre, Mumbai bet 19th – 22nd Dec. 2013.
- ANOKHII at Lalitha Kala Academy; Trichur, Kerala, bet January 14th to 18th, 2014.
- “FRAGONARD” at BalGandharva Rang Mandir
- Deccan Gymkhana Jungli Maharaj Road . Pune. from 4 th August 2014 to 6 th August 2014.
- Annual Art Exhibition at Artists’ Centre, Ador House, First floor, 6 K, Dubash Marg, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai 400001. from 4th- 16th Aug. ’14.
- Annual Art Exhibition of Sir J. J. school of Art at 23rd – 29th Sept. 2014. Venue ~ Deenanath Dalal Art Gallery. Andheri Sports Complex.
- KOHINOOR CONTINENTAL ~ 1st. to 31st Oct.2014. Andheri-East Mumbai.
- Colors of Heritage – 2014 at Greenmark Art Gallery, Vaishali East of Delhi bet. 18th-26th. Oct 2014.
- Anokhii ~ 21st-28th Dec 2014. at State Art Gallery, Madhapur, Hightech City, Hyderabad.
Collections : Rupani Art Collectors ~ Canada. Furniturewalas, Merchant entreprises, Noshir & Talati, Manjee Groups UK, Whitby Coles~ Britain, Padmashree D.Y.Patil.