Archana initially painted mostly figurative work, village life, landscape. she took inspiration from Nature, flowers, birds, landscapes, mountains & rivers. Painting is a means of fulfillment and expression for her. Later on, complexities of life, confusions, social problems etc influenced my work. She exhibited her works regularly in different parts of India.
She mostly works on canvas, with oil, acrylic as well as mixed media.
So far 3 solo exhibitions of hers have been held. Her first solo exhibition was with about 50 paintings at Taxila Art Gallery at College of Arts & Crafts, Patna in 2010. Earlier solos were at Patna in 2009 and at Kapurthala in 2007. She participated in several Art Camps- at Patna in 2014, 2013, 2012 & 2011 & ART MODA Camp at Travancore Art Gallery at New Delhi in 2011. She also participated in several national & international Group Exhibitions. National Group exhibitions held- Kala Mangal by Govt. of Bihar at Kala Dirgha, patna in 2014, Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur in 2012, A Music of Mooods at All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society, New Delhi in 2012, ART Exhibition at Yamini Art Gallery, Bareilly Cantt, in 2012, ART MALA at Artizen Art Galley, New Delhi in 2012, ART Exhibition at College of Arts & Crafts, Patna in 2012, All India ART MODA Festival at Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi in 2011. International Group exhibitions- Art Exhibition “Enlightenhernt Lord Buddha” at Hanoi, Vietnam by IEMA & Art Exhibition at Nehru Art Gallery, London, both in 2014.
- 2010: Exhibited at Takshila Art Gallery of college of Arts & Crafts, Patna, Bihar.
- 2009: Exhibited at Railway Officers Club, Patna, Bihar.
- 2007: Exhibited at Railway Officers Club, Kapurthala, Punjab.
- 2014: Group Exhibition at “Kala Mangal”- A Group Exhibition of Senior Artists (II) by Govt. of Bihar at Kala Dirgha, Patna.
- 2011-2012-2013: Group Exhibition cum Camp at “All India Artists Winter Camp” in College of Arts & Craft & in Sanskritik Parisar, Patna.
- 2013: Group exhibition of Paintings, Sculpture & Photography at “Discovery 2013” at Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
- 2012: Group Exhibition at “Parikrama – 4”, a Group Show of paintings, photographs and sculptures at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur.
- 2012: Group Exhibition at “A Music Of Mooods” (a group exhibition of paintings and sculptures) at All India Fine Arts and craft society, New Delhi.
- 2012: Group Exhibition at “Art Exhibition” organized by G-Ten at Taxila Art Gallery, College of Arts & Crafts, Patna.
- 2012: Group Exhibition at “Art Exhibition” organised by Chitrakar Sangh, Bareilly at Yamini Art Gallery, Bareilly Cantt.
- 2012: Group Exhibition at “Art Mala”, organized by Art Mala Art Gallery, Delhi at Artizen Art Gallery Delhi.
- 2011: Group Exhibition of Paintings at All India “ART MODA FESTIVAL” & ART MODA CAMP at Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2014: Art Exhibition “Enlightenment Lord Buddha” on the occasion of The United Nations Day of Vesak 2014 at Hanoi, Vietnam by IEMA.
- 2014: Art Exhibition at Nehru Art Gallery, London
Click on images for a larger view…