While growing a little older, Mamta got attracted to the movements of brushes trapped between fingers. Filling brush bristles with colour, mixing colours were amazing to a child, but to ask parents was difficult to her. But that did not hold her back from becoming an artist.
The fragrance of Atlas Colours, long trees, mountain slopes peeping from the window glass and the essence of a pin drop silence inspired her to play with colours. She did a lot of mythological works with her father and brothers, but always wanted to do something different. She was inspired by the Master – M F Hussain. She always wondered what was the basis of attraction of his works?
After a few years, she could comprehend the impression of lines, simplicity of subjects. Her family inspires her as an artist.
- Group show at India Habitat Centre (April 2001)
- Group show at India Habitat Centre (January 2002)
- Lalit kala academy, Delhi (January 2001)
- Lalit kala academy, Delhi (November 2002)
- Group show in Goa at Teresa Art Gallery (December 2002)
- Visual Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre (2004)
- Convention Foyer, India Habitat Centre (2006)
- Group show by United Nation Women Association
- The Train Gallery (2005)
- Gallery Art Works every year
- Gallery group show at Apparao Gallery (2010)