Daman is not a traditional artist. Freedom of expression through colors, gives me inspiration to showcase her subconscious level through modern abstract art. She has so far worked with oil paints, poster colors, enamel paints, acrylic paints and pencils; enjoying specifically painting with oil colors.
She grew up in an artistic atmosphere where her mother loved collecting paintings and crafted decors and her father was fond of creative writings. As a child, she joined many painting and craft classes and acquired knowledge about various mediums and the magic of colors.
Growing up, she realized that she was looking at everything with the aspect of colors. She used to paint something with black or blue when stressed and something bright when in a good mood. During her secondary education, she became sure about her capabilities to convert her thoughts into art pieces.
Colors relate respectively to the body, the mind, the emotions and the essential balance between these three. She often uses bright and bold colors in her paintings, usually in abstract or pop art style. She plays around with colors in everything she does whether its picking out my clothes, makeup and accessories.
Working as an artist, whenever she gets a chance, she indulges herself in creative writing. Writing poems, articles and some short stories takes me away from my hustling life.
- Group exhibitions:
2013 – Artspace (June 16, 2013 to June 22, 2013), group exhibition of 26 artists in Ludhiana.
- 2013 – En Route (August 16, 2013 to August 19, 2013), group exhibition of 15 artists in Ludhiana.
- 2014 – Chitchat (January 3, 2014 to January 6, 2014), group exhibition of 17 artists in Ludhiana.
- June 17, 2013 – Hindustan Times – Display of work
- August 17, 2013 – Hindustan Times – Mention of name with other artists
- August 18, 2013 – The Tribune – Mention of name with other artists
- August 20, 2013 – Daily Post – Mention of work
- January 3, 2014 – Hindustan Times – Mention of work
- January 9, 2014 – Daily Post – Individual interview
- 2013 – Judged Cultural Fest, Genesis at Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana (March 2013).