Terms of Site Use
These terms and conditions of use shall govern your use of the site www.canvaslane.com, and all other URLs forming part thereof (hereinafter referred to as “the Sites”). By using the sites, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. The sites are owned and operated by Mrs. Ritu Gupta of M/s CanvasLane (hereinafter referred to as “us or we” in the first person and “CanvasLane” wherever the context requires).
License and Website Access
You shall use the Sites in good faith and for the essential purposes for which the Sites are intended. Unless otherwise specified, the Sites are for your personal and non-commercial use. We grant you a limited, revocable license to access and make personal use of the website.
Any use of the website or Website Content that is not expressly authorized herein is prohibited and immediately terminates the license granted herein.
The following guidelines apply to all content on the Sites. We reserve the right to remove or reject any user content that may conflict with these guidelines. Gross or repeated violations may result in restrictions on or termination of your use and/or account.
- Site usage requirements do not permit you to:
- Modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Sites.
- Exploit the website or any product image, product listing, product description, price, page layout, page design, trade dress, trademark, logo or other content (“Website Content”) for any commercial purpose, except as expressly provided.
- Use any meta tags, search terms, key terms, or the like that contain the website’s name or trademarks used on the website;
- Engage in any activity that interferes with the website or another user’s ability to use the website;
- Modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any technology used to provide the website and the services offered on the website.
- Use a robot, spider or data mining or extraction tool or process to monitor, extract or copy Website Content (except in the operation or use of internet “search engines,” hit counters or similar technology);
- As a condition of your use of the Sites, you agree that you will not use the Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Sites in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Sites. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Sites.
- Intellectual property violations: Users must honour the intellectual property rights of others. Users shall not post or distribute content to which they do not own the copyright. In addition, users shall not post or distribute images or other content that
- is an unauthorized reproduction or modified version of a copyrighted / unauthorized replica work,
- features the brand, logo, trademark, trade name etc. of any other person or entity, or
- infringes any other party’s rights of privacy, trade mark, copyright, originality, authorization and reproduction etc.
- Pornography: The Site is not a place for erotica or adult content that crosses the line from art into pornography. We understand that our users may be interested in all varieties and types of images that may include nude figures and affectionate activity. These are legitimate subjects of artistic portrayal. However, under no circumstances shall users post or distribute X-rated or hard-core images, sexual images involving children, images that depict graphic or deviant sexual acts, amateur porn or any paraphernalia involved with this type of activity. As a policy, we will not be including nude / similar content on our site, even though it might be a legitimate work of art.
- Offensive content / Language: Users shall not post or distribute content that contains hate or racial intolerance or advocates violence or ridicule against any individual, group, or organization. Users shall not post or distribute content that features excessive profanity or sexually explicit language, defamatory statements, or remarks that disparage or ridicule other people or use language that may be offending in any manner whatsoever. This will include content that contains overt or gratuitous violence or images of crime-scene photos, violent depictions or human organs and body parts, or images that promote suicide. Users shall not post or distribute content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offenses, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability under or violate any local, state, national or international law.
Users shall not post content that a reasonable art observer would find offensive or art that
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or otherwise;
- is harmful to or exploitative of children; or
- is otherwise illegal. We reserve the right to finally determine the appropriateness of all images posted to our site.
Reviews and comments: Users may post or submit reviews, comments, suggestions, communications and other information via our website, by email or through one of our website operation partners. You agree not to submit, transmit, or otherwise make available in any manner any content
- that is unlawful, harmful, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, harassing, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is otherwise objectionable,
- that infringes the intellectual property rights of any party or
- which contains a chain letter or constitutes any form of commercial solicitation, political campaign, mass mailing, “spam” or software virus. You may not use a false e-mail address or otherwise provide information that would be misleading as to the origin of such content. Although we do not regularly review content you submit to the website, we reserve the right to edit or remove any content that violates our Content Policy or that we find objectionable for any reason. You represent and warrant that you possess all necessary rights to use the content that you submit to the website and that use of such content does not violate our content policy. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims arising out of or relating to any content that you submit to the website. By submitting content to the website, you automatically grant to us, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted to us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use your user name or the content in any manner that we deem appropriate, in our sole and exclusive discretion. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted by visitors to our website.
- Misrepresentation: Users may not falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation, or affiliation of their content, with any other person or entity in any way.
- Commercial activity: Users shall not post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, mass mailings, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes” or other such solicitations.
The list above is not an exhaustive list of unacceptable content. Rather, it is a set of guidelines for our users to follow. We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether content is in compliance with our policies.
If you use the Sites, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
We do not claim ownership of the materials you provide to CanvasLane (including registration data, feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any of the Sites or its associated services (collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting CanvasLane and its affiliated companies permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their businesses including, without limitation, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your submission and to publish your name in connection with your submission. CanvasLane agrees that it shall not sell user identifiable data contained in the submissions. However, we have the sole and exclusive right to use, transfer or otherwise deal with compiled user aggregated data in any manner that we deem fit.
We also agree that no reproduction of any work shall be sold for a consideration, till you, as the genuine owner of the work authorizes us to do so.
You consent to receive communications from us by email. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you by email satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All Website Content is our property or the property of our content suppliers and is protected by national and international copyright laws. The purchase of any product does not provide the purchaser with any copyright interest or other intellectual property right in the product, unless transferred by the original owner. All Website Content that is not our property is used with permission. The arrangement and compilation of all Website Content is our exclusive property and is protected by international copyright laws. All software used on the website is our property or the property of our software suppliers and is protected by national and international copyright laws.
The Sites may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. CanvasLane is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. CanvasLane is providing these links to you only as a convenience. Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement by CanvasLane of the owners and/or sponsors of such websites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such websites. These links will be deemed to have the ownership of any content on their Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that CanvasLane shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such information.
CanvasLane respects the intellectual property rights of others and we require our artists to do the same. If you believe that an artist appearing on our website has posted content that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement of your artwork, please notify us by email / letter / form provided on the contact page providing full details of the violation. This procedure is exclusively for notifying us of your belief that your copyrighted material or trademark has been infringed.
The site and services and products are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basic without warranties of any kind, express, or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but now limited to warranties of title, or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You expressly understand and agree that use of the site and the services and products is at your sole risk. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to back up your content.
The information, products, and services included in or available through the Sites may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. CanvasLane and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Sites at any time. Advice received via the Sites should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
CanvasLane and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained on the Sites for any purpose. All such information, software, products, services and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. CanvasLane and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
We do not accept responsibility that the website, its servers, or email sent from the website are free of viruses or other harmful components. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
Termination and access restriction
CanvasLane reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all Sites and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
These Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of India without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Use of the Sites is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and CanvasLane with respect to the Sites and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and CanvasLane with respect to the Sites.
A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Copyright and Trademarks:
All contents of the Sites are copyright protected in favour of CanvasLane and/or its suppliers. All trademarks, names, brand names, etc. used on the Sites are either trademarks or registered trademarks of CanvasLane or its associated companies. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.